You don’t have to be a zebra or a referee to show your stripes, but you surely can look divine when wearing them. Stripes always brings a chic, effortless look to an outfit, but a requires a little effort to avoid looking you belong in the jailhouse. Stripes whether wide or thin, horizontal, vertical or diagonally, can flatter any body shape but it all depends on the paired pieces that help to give the outfit the extra fabulous look. I know that when we think of stripes the nautical navy and white comes to mind, but stripes comes in variety of colours, so choose the colours that compliment your skin colour best, when creating your look.
Stripes can be tricky but we all can find the right stripes that make us feel confident and comfortable. You have to know which part of your body you want to draw attention and which parts you want to divert attention, your body shape doesn’t matter. So, for all my apple-shaped ladies, the saying that you should stay away from stripes is a mare myth. In the end, it all comes down to where you wear them and how your style your outfit, plus the key to achieve a successful striped look is matching stripes with solid colours.
Tips to remember:
- Vertical stripes give you a tall appearance.
- Horizontal stripes enhances or creates the illusion of curves.
- Diagonal stripes produces a slimming effect.
- Stripes only along the border of an outfit gives slimming effects.
- Darker colours are more slimming that lighter colours.
- Accentuate the waist with a belt to create a waist line and eliminate the wide effect.
Here are some chic, stylish ideas that any body shape can pull off for the classic stripe look: