“I like to think of myself as being fashion-conscious without being a slave to fashion.”
I always say “better late than never” so if you truly want to shape up this year, start with shaping up your wardrobe; so let’s get a head start and take action as Spring 2013 is nigh. Many of you are still caught up with the fashion from Fall/Winter 2012 and mesmerized with Fall/Winter 2013, but now is the time to go through the process of preparing your wardrobe for the big transition to Spring. As the flowers start to bloom it will soon be time to shed all the layers of clothing and start to bare some skin. Therefore, the task at hand now is to carefully go over the profusion of fashion trends for Spring/Summer 2013 and choose your fashion “must haves “. I don’t mean for you to become a fashion addict following every trend of the season in order to look fab, but identifying with a look, that fits your personal style and staying fashionable, stylish and chic.
The key is to know your silhouette and choose what compliments your body shape best them select only what you feel comfortable and confident in. Also bear in mind to pick pieces, colours, prints and patterns that are versatile which could work for more than one look as some trends tend to change through the course of the season. Finally, remember to enhance your look with accessories, whether they be simple or statement pieces.
Here are some trends that will definitely get you easily noticed:
Black and White
The wait for Spring 2013 has been very long for me as some of you know that I live in the beautiful tropical island of Barbados leaving me very anxious for the Spring trends to finally hit stores. Leave a comment on the trends that you will be trying.
Summer is fast approaching and we all can’t wait till it gets here. It’s that time of year to bare legs and show off shoulders; moreover time stock up on swimsuits, sandals, sunglasses and hats. But just because it is the time to relax, doesn’t mean we’re going let our fashion guard down.
So it’s very important we know which trend is hot and which is out,staying current and being fashion forward.
WHAT’S HOT THIS SUMMER:
- Colour-Blocking was a very vibrant trend, but has given way to the new mix-match look of bold colours with prints.
- The maxi look took over the runways and street fashion but as the heat turns up the mid-calf look is coming in.
- As the neutral camel colours are fading away, the neon colours are lighting up the fashion scene.
- It seems we’re still loving the safari life as the animal prints and tribal prints are still big.
- Even though that these colours aren’t loud they are still pretty and sweet, so pastels colours are in.
- Women all around are so captivated by the sophisticated Peplum look they can’t get enough.
- The flower power is continuing to hold strong among the prints.
- Looks like the dare to bare is still on as sheer is becoming a year-round trend.
- The mullet hem have women crazy for the high-low look on shirts, skirts and dresses.
- True classics are hard to be forgotten so stripes are still big.
As we all know that some trends come and go by quickly and even make comebacks, so I recommend that you DON’T throw out your clothes but DO keep them at the back of your wardrobe for a later date.
Copyright Disclaimer: All photos on this website belong to their respective owners unless otherwise stated.
Ladies, we always try to cover up our spots, but then they are some that we can’t help but love to show. Come on, a leopard can’t hide his spots and a cheetah has too many to count. So, it’s time for a spot check! When it comes to leopard and cheetah print, we get the ladies who can it pull off and make everyone else hear the song “I Am Woman Hear Me Roar” in their heads; or, we get the ones who we would like to trap in a box and lock them away forever; not even to be viewed from behind a glass window in a zoo. Also, there are those who stay completely away from these prints all together.
Therefore, here are some tips to help work leopard or cheetah prints into your wardrobe without going over the top or leaving your comfort zone. Just remember that simplicity is best; so, I recommend you to limit one print piece per outfit to keep a chic look. Moreover, its best to match up these prints with solid colours and don’t forget to accessorize. So let’s go ahead and dabble in these waters, you can use the following combos to inspire you or you choose them as they are.
For those who are testing the waters and just want to get your feet a little wet
- Incorporate a leopard print head tie with a black blazer over a white shirt, blue jeans and black ballet pumps for a little panache.
- Bring to life a white dress with a leopard print belt and brown strappy shoes for an effortless sophisticated look.
Ok, so you’ve kicked your feet around and want to venture more in
Dare to go further, well get yourself up to the neck into to these prints
Just want to dive straight in and be va, va, voluptuous
For every rule there’s always an exception and as always only a few can pull it off. Ladies, give me a drum roll please, mixing and matching prints. In this case it’s more the body shape, the colours and attitude that makes the outfit hot.
So go forth and release that inner wild child, I’m interested in hearing which are your favourite combos or inspirations; so comment and let me know.